Internal Medicine is a specialty of medicine focused on your wellness as a whole, prevention and treatment of medical conditions for adults, 17 years and older. Also known as a primary care provider, your internal medicine physician is your partner and usually your first stop in health care. Your Internist manages your general health and will recommend a specialist for you whenever needed.
Internal Medicine Physicians specialize in:
- Medical Evaluations
- Annual Physicals
- Diabetes and Hypertention Screenings
- Management of Chronic Conditions, such as, Diabetes, Asthma, COPD and Congestive Heart Failure.
- Mental Health concerns
- Immunizations such as, Flu, Pneumonia and Shingles Vaccines.
- General medicine
- Respiratory disease
- Vascular and heart disease
- Blood problems
- Kidney problems
- Joint and rheumatologic problems
- Digestive problems
- Endocrine and hormonal problems
- Urinary problems
- Neurological problems
- Infectious disease
- and many more
Your internal medicine physician at FHCMG are also available for same-day appointments, home-visits and tele-medicine.